In this article I’ll walk you through the steps to troubleshoot why your text-to-speech (TTS) isn’t working on Windows.
The “text to speech not working windows 10” is a problem that some people have been experiencing. The issue has been present for a while, but there are many fixes available to fix the issue.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Discord is wonderful for text messaging and video and voice conversations with pals, but if you don’t have a microphone (or can’t or won’t talk), you may lose out. Fortunately, Discord’s text-to-speech (TTS) technology, which converts text into audio communications, can solve this issue.
Why does Discord’s TTS (Text-to-Speech) feature not work?
If you’ve changed the Text-to-Speech alerts to “Never,” Discord TTS will no longer operate. The TTS robot does not produce any noises if the TTS alerts are set to ‘Never.’
Your computer’s speaker settings is not configured to stereo, which is a typical reason why Discord TTS does not function. The TTS does not function since Discord seems to be sensitive to this setting.
How do you fix Discord’s TTS (Text-to-Speech) problem?
Update for November 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Windows should be updated.
- Discord should be closed totally. Then, to access the settings, press Win + I.
- Select the Update and Security category in the pop-up box.
- In the left pane, make sure Windows Update is chosen.
- Then, in the right pane, click Check for updates.
Text-to-Speech should be enabled again on Discord.
- To access the user settings in Discord, click the settings button in the right corner of the user window.
- Select Text and Pictures from the pop-up box in the left pane.
- The “TEXT-TO-SPEAK” part may be found by scrolling down the right-hand corner. The Allow read and use/tts command should then be disabled.
- Close Discord after saving your modifications.
- Then, to re-enable the Text-to-Speech capability, restart Discord and continue the instructions above.
- You may verify whether the issue has been addressed once you’ve activated Text-to-Speech in Discord.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Go to the channel where you wish to send a voice message in Discord.
- Type “/tts,” then a space before your message.
- After you type /tts, your message will be read aloud when you send it.
Because of an older version of Windows or while utilizing a speaker configuration other than stereo, Text-to-Speech (TTS) in Discord may not operate. If TTS alerts are set to Never, TTS may not operate. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the Discord software before attempting the solution.
TTS is enabled by default in Discord and may be utilized in a number of ways.
Watch This Video-
Discord is a voice and text chat platform that allows users to communicate with other people. However, some users may experience problems with the “no text to speech discord server“.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get discord tts to work?
A: If youre using a discord account, first make sure your voice channel has the appropriate permissions. Youll also need to follow these steps:
1) Enable TTS and set it up like this https://discordapp.com/channels/190830…e-instructions
2) Click on Options in the left menu bar ͞(triangle next to the text box), then click on Audio Channels. Make sure that Tts is enabled (should already be). or if not enable it by clicking Misc>New Audio Channel>Voice channels..
Why is text to speech not working?
A: This is due to copyright restrictions that Sony fears would be leveled against them should they allow something like this.
How do I not hear tts on discord?
A: To make sure you dont hear tts, go to the voice settings in your Discord app. There should be a setting that says Robot Voice or something similar.
- discord tts not working mobile
- why is text to speech not working on tiktok
- how to enable tts on discord server
- text-to speech not working android
- discord tts settings