DS4Windows is a software that allows users to use Steam’s controller on Windows. It has been designed in such a way as to make it compatible with most PC games, and the program can be used for free just like any other third-party gamepad emulator. However, some of these programs might not detect your DS4 even though you have already installed the driver properly. This article will show you how to fix this if DS4Windows does not work for you.,
DS4Windows is a program that allows you to use the DS4 controller on your PC. If the app is not detecting your controller, there are a few fixes that can be done.
DS4Windows is an application that emulates the Xbox 360 Controller to provide customers the greatest gaming experience possible while using Sony’s DualShock4 Controller. This enables gamers running Windows 10 to enjoy the game as well.
However, there is an issue with newer Windows 10 upgrades that causes an error in DS4Windows. The issue is DS4Windows not identifying controller, and it seems that the majority of Windows 10 customers are affected.
Even when the controller is connected, the error frequently displays “No Controller Connected(Max 4).”
Also, reconnecting the controller does not address the problem, so we’ll have to perform some error-fixing to get this fixed.
In this post, we’ll show you how to fix the DS4Windows not recognizing controller problem on a Windows 10 PC.
Why does the DS4Windows controller not detected problem appear?
The DS4Windows not identifying controller problem on your Windows 10 PC might be caused by one of the following factors:
- Either the DS4Windows program is out of current, or the most recent Windows update is interfering with the DS4Windows application.
- It’s also conceivable that the DS4Windows program has deactivated the controller or that the DS4 Controller’s driver has failed.
Whatever the case may be, we are here to assist you in resolving the issue. You’ll be able to use your DS4 Controller again if you follow the methods outlined below.
Also, see How to Fix PS4 Controller Drift Using These Simple Techniques.
How can I repair the DS4Windows controller problem in Windows 10?
Solution 1: In Device Manager, enable the DS4 Controller.
First and foremost, make sure Windows has not deactivated the DS4 Controller, since this is a common occurrence.
- To do so, launch the DS4Windows application and then connect your DS4 Controller.
- After that, go to Windows Control Panel and open the Device Management panel.
- To enter the Run dialog box, press the Win+R keys at the same time.
- Type devmgmt.msc into the dialog box and hit Enter.
- This will launch Device Manager, where you should go to the Human Interface Devices area.
- Select Enable Device from the right-click menu on the HID-compliant gaming controller.
- This will activate the DS4 Controller, and you should now be able to use it.
Solution 2: Install the latest version of the DS4Windows program.
If the preceding approach does not work, you should verify whether your DS4Windows program is up to date.
It’s likely that the “DS4Windows not identifying controller” problem is caused by an out-of-date DS4Windows program.
You would have downloaded a zip file from here to get the DS4Windows program.
You’ll discover two executable programs called DS4Windows and DS4Updater after extracting this zip file.
The second file, which allows you to update the DS4Windows program, is what we’re interested in right now.
Follow these instructions to update the DS4Windows app:
- Open the DS4Updater software and run a scan to check if there are any DS4Windows updates available.
- If you discover an update is available, follow the procedures to download and install it.
- After the update has been installed, launch the DS4Windows app and check the “Controllers” page to see whether the DS4 Controller has been identified.
If this does not resolve the DS4Windows not recognizing controller issue, go to the next step.
Solution 3: Remove the DS4 Controller from your computer.
Windows 10 is infamous for behaving in such a manner that no one understands what is going on. When you have an issue, the best thing to do is remove it and reinstall it.
We’ll try the same thing with our DS4 Controller, and it’s possible that this may solve the issue.
- We’ll need to stop the DS4Windows software and disconnect the DS4 Controller from the PC to do this.
- Now launch the Control Panel by heading to Start and looking for it.
- After opening the Control Panel, go to the Hardware and Sound section and choose “Devices and Printers.”
- When you connect the DS4 Controller to the PC, a new device with an icon will appear on the screen.
- Go to the Hardware tab by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties.
- Double-click on HID-compliant gaming controller in the Hardware tab.
- Uninstall Device may be found under the Driver tab.
- The device will be removed from your computer as a result of this action. Remove the controller from your computer now.
- Restart the computer, then launch the DS4Windows software and attach the DS4 Controller, which should appear under the “Controllers” page.
Solution 4: Remove the Windows update that is creating the problem.
As previously said, it’s conceivable that the newest version is generating this issue by interfering with your DS4Windows software.
If you wish to use the DS4 Controller on your PC, you need remove the most recent Windows update.
Some customers have also reported that the DS4Windows not identifying controller problem disappeared after uninstalling the most recent Windows update.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Press the Windows key and the I key at the same time.
- This will take you to the Windows settings, where you must choose the Update & Security option.
- A list of choices may be seen on the left side. Select Windows Update and then View installed update history from the drop-down menu.
- In the following page, choose Uninstall Updates, then pick the newly installed update on your machine and click Uninstall.
- This will restore your PC to its previous state, and you will need to restart it.
After you’ve completed this step, insert your DS4 Controller into your PC and check whether the DS4Windows software detects it.
In this post, we’ve covered all of the various remedies for the DS4Windows not recognizing controller problem on Windows.
It’s conceivable that the first several methods won’t work for you, but we’re certain that the Windows update rollback solution will save the day.
If your problem persists after trying all of the suggestions, please leave a comment below and we will respond as soon as possible with a solution.
Also see: How to Fix PS4 Error WS-37403-7.
Watch This Video-
The “ds4 windows not working” is a problem that has been present for a while. DS4Windows is a program that allows users to use their DualShock 4 controller on Windows, but it doesn’t work properly with the latest version of Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my controller not connecting to DS4 Windows?
A: DS4 Windows has been known to have compatibility issues with different versions of the game. If you are trying to connect your controller and it is not connecting, the best thing to do would be contact Sony customer service so they can help troubleshoot the issue for you.
Why is my PC not detecting my controller?
A: If your PC is not detecting the controller, try connecting it via a different USB port. The controller should also be plugged in to an outlet while attempting to connect with the PC.
How do I get my computer to recognize my PS4 controller?
A: You can use a USB OTG cable to connect your computer and PS4 controller. However, this is not recommended for people who want to do anything more complicated with their PC/Mac as it may cause damage or instability
- ds4 windows not detecting controller bluetooth
- ds4windows not detecting controller windows 7
- ds4 windows not detecting ps5 controller
- ds4windows not detecting controller reddit
- ds4 windows not detecting ps4 controller